I am a friendly, nurturing, intelligent, and dedicated individual who has an ambition to succeed as a teacher in any school environment. I love to learn as well as teach, and am always up to a challenge whatever the situation. I love meeting new people and learning about cultures different from my own. I get along well with others, whilst also working efficiently on my own. I am seeking an elementary teaching position where I can develop and excel while giving my best and advocating for my students and the school.
KinderCare Learning Centers, Vernon Hills, IL (Dec-2010 – Jan-2012)
- Worked as a lead teacher in all classrooms with students ranging in age from six weeks to thirteen years.
- Transported students for summer field trips and worked with other staff to create field trip activities and schedules.
- Co-taught music and cooking classes.
- Trained all the KinderCare kindergarten teachers in the district on the summer camp curriculum.
Howe Elementary School, Beach Park, IL (Sep-2010 – Dec-2010)
Kindergarten Student Teacher
- Conducted action research on a student in the class as a way to improve journal writing time.
- Created lesson plans and taught lessons in all subject areas.
- Researched early reading skills and provided reading materials to parents in Spanish and English for Family Reading Night.
- Created website for parents with links for early reading and math skills as well as general school and kindergarten information.
- Provided information to parents about their child’s progress during parent teacher conferences.
KinderCare Learning Centers, Grayslake, IL (Aug-2009 – Aug-2011)
Private Kindergarten Teacher
- Earned the P.R.I.D.E Award for providing respect through integrity and dedication in education.
- Implemented a developmentally appropriate curriculum which reflected observations and goals of individual children.
- Facilitated regular parent/guardian communication and conferences to discuss orientation, transitions, and developmental goals.
- Created a Junie B. Jones reading club for all interested kindergarten and school age students.
Allendale Association, Bennett Lake, WI (Nov-2001 – Jul-2003)
Teaching Assistant II
- Helped students age ten to seventeen with school related assignments and projects.
- Communicated with other team members regarding student concerns during I.E.P meetings.
- Assist in crisis prevention and intervention.
- Transport students to and from appointments and sit in on appointments when necessary.
Allendale Association, Highland Park, IL (Aug-2001 – Nov-2001)
Mental Health Specialist II
- Created and implemented an individual treatment plan for an assigned resident.
- Involved with teenagers activities on the residential treatment unit during second and third shift.
- Communicated with staff on the unit regarding resident ™s behavior.
- Received special training and assisted in crisis prevention and intervention when needed.
- Master of Teaching Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL Aug-2009 – May-2011
- Bachelor of Psychology University of Illinois, Champaign Sep-1998 – May-2000
- Associate of Biology College of Lake County, Grayslake, IL Sep-1995 – May-1998